Find your 2nd pillar accrued funds
Use our online form or mobile app to send requests to search for your money free of charge and without obligation.
Fill in the form in less than 3 minutes to make your request online for free and validate it by verifying your identity.
Kala will search for your lost assets at more than 1'500 pension institutions to certify that they are in the right place or to help you repatriate them.
1. Make a request
Insert your personal data, take a photo of your ID card and sign with your finger to start the search.
2. Be patient
Over 1,500 pension funds will be scanned. Once we have your results, we will send you an email.
3. Repatriate your money
When you receive the notification, go to our application to repatriate your accrued funds in less than two minutes.
On an average, each citizen has
CHF 10,587 in vested benefits!
In Switzerland, we pay contributions to the 2nd pillar throughout our working life. Should we change our employer, lose our job, take sabbatical leave, or leave Switzerland permanently, we are often obliged to leave our pension fund.
These amounts that are termed "vested benefits" or "termination benefits" are generally spread across several institutions. As there are more than 1,500 pension funds in Switzerland, the search procedures are long-drawn out.
Three minutes is all it takes for the applicant to fill in their request on their smartphone. They then waits patiently for a few weeks until they receive a notification or email informing them that accrued funds have been found and that they can proceed to repatriate them.
All repatriation procedures can be carried out digitally without having to meet an advisor.
- The applicant completes the request free of charge on the Kala application or website in less than 3 minutes.
- The applicant will receive a notification when the results are available.
- The applicant can proceed to repatriate his assets, without having to step out.
- The applicant fills the search request form for the 2nd Pillar Central Office.
- The applicant sends the request form by post (CHF 1).
- The applicant receives information about where the money is located (but not the amount).
- The applicant files requests with pension fund organisations to know the accrued funds in the accounts.
- The applicant sends letters (CHF 1 to CHF 3 depending on the number of pension funds).
- The applicant receives an account statement of each pension fund account by post.
- The applicant fills forms to repatriate the money in each pension fund.
- The applicant's repatriated amounts are credited to the vested benefits accounts of their choice.
Over 1,500 pension funds will be scanned, this procedure generally takes 60 to 80 days. Once we have your results, we will send you a push notification and email.
Repatriate your money
When you receive the notification, go to our application to repatriate your accrued funds in less than two minutes. You can ask for technical assistance during office hours.
Sign with your finger
Kala will ask for only one signature, on your smartphone and without your leaving your couch.
The results are free of charge
The search among the 1,500 pension institutions is free and without obligation. What's more, you save and estimated CHF 8 in postal charges required for the conventional procedure.
"Simple, efficient, honest, fast and clear. Thank you very much, I am reassured that everything is where it should be."
"We wanted to find the accounts of my husband's different pension funds and thanks to you the assets could be repatriated all to the same place!"
"Great, thanks, I didn't think I'd have more than one fund."
"Very good application. I am very satisfied with the service. Thank you."
"Very easy to use and very fast to find the 2nd pillar assets scattered here and there. I would add that they have an impeccable follow-up."
"I highly recommend this application. Very helpful and knowledgeable people."
"Great idea, the process is simple and free, moreover the advices are very well explained and very reassuring! I recommend!"
"I didn't know I had money in an account in Zurich... Kala found it quickly, thank you very much."